WEIGHT LOSS TRACKER

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Diet Log

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time for an Adjustment

I had a class in Hilton Head this past week and Chris decided to take vacation and go with me. In the end, I think he realized that I was right when I told him that he was going to be really bored. Guess it was at least a break from work for him, which is good.

So...tomorrow afternoon is his appointment at the surgeon's office for his first adjustment. I have to say that it is much needed. He definitely eats a lot more than the 1 cup of food that he should be eating. And his choice of foods has lost focus as well...I think being on "vacation" for a couple of days did not help him in the process. I have told him that we are going to refocus, review all of the "rules" and refresh him on what he is supposed to be doing. A lot of the burden falls on my shoulders because I need to/have to take responsibility for what he is doing...he is almost like a child in being able to make decisions in what he can do, should do, etc. I really have to measure out anything brought into the house into servings for him or he will overeat...and I need to put more focus onto cooking at home again...that really makes a huge difference because at home he doesn't have a choice but to eat healthy...that is all I cook and all I have in the house. when he is going out, like most of us, it is harder to make the right choice.

So...I have told him to be honest with them at the surgeon's office tomorrow on the fact that the volume of his food is way too much and to do a "good adjustment" on him. I vote for about twice the normal saline that they would use. We'll see what happens. I will try to post again in a couple of days to report how the adjustment appointment goes and how it affects him!

No comments: