WEIGHT LOSS TRACKER

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Diet Log

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Added a Weight Loss Tracker

Okay, as you can see at the top of the page, I have added a Weight Loss Tracker. The starting weight of 321 was his last appointment with the surgeon prior to starting the pre-op diet (approx. 5 weeks ago). When he weighed in on Monday (the week of surgery) he was 299. So, he lost 22 lbs. on the pre-op diet. Today, 72 hours after surgery, he weighed in at 290! So...by our scales...he has lost 9 lbs post-surgery! Awesome. I guess we'll know his "official" weigh in this coming Wednesday when we return to the surgeon for this first post-op appointment.

Also, about 4 weeks ago, we did body measurements. We measured him last night and he has lost a total of 7 1/2 inches in a month (that is the total from neck, both arms, waist, thighs and calves). Pretty good!

I think he is doing an awesome job of staying motivated. AND...best news of all...the blood sugar readings are WAY down! YAY!!!! I think he will have to start adjusting his meds and will need to f/u with his endocrinologist soon.

So... I will be headed back to work tomorrow but he is taking the week off. He was instructed by the surgeons office not to drive until after he has his follow-up with the surgeon and has his approval. Not sure what he is going to do all week...I think he will certainly be stir crazy! Guess I will be playing "phone a nurse" and trying to make sure he is taking in all of the liquids, etc. that he is supposed to. I have been having to remind him because he is not hungry...but he has to get those liquids in.

No comments: